Cause / Social Commentary
We’re celebrating creators that use social media for good. This category acknowledges those who promote a cause, or shine a light on a specific plight.
Vote and you could win a VIP experience to the awards.
You may vote up to 20 times per category.
It does not need to be the most widely shared or have the most engagements and impressions, as all entrants have a different follower base.
View the Entries
Doctor Siya for
Bridging the gaps in sexual and reproductive health education
Minister of Menstruation for
Crampin' My Style
The Privatisation of Prisons/ Correctional Facilities in South Africa.
Siv Ngesi for
Slaying Goliath for
What to submit:
- You’ll probably have created loads of content to support this initiative, but we’re only looking for the strongest piece that you posted; the one that explains it all in the best way possible.
- Please submit the link to that piece of content, it’ll need to be on a social media platform so that our judges are taken to that page to view the content.
- This content needs to have been created between April 2022 and April 2023.
- Stills and video will both be accepted. If the latter, preference will be given to content that is under two minutes long.
- If your content is longer than two minutes, the judges are obligated to watch only the first two minutes.
What the judges are looking for:
- Our judges will look for a clear message, a simple call to action and a stand-out execution.
- They’ll look at the responses, the engagement and the support it received.
- It doesn’t need to be the most widely shared or have the highest reach, as all entrants have a different follower base.