Frequently Asked Questions
There are 24 categories.
These highly-regarded accolades are exclusively awarded to creators of exemplary content, whether you’re a professional content creator, or if you’re just a regular person who has created something so great that it’s gone viral. For this year, you need to be South African and live in South Africa for most of the year. We’ll expand into Africa in a couple of years, watch this space…
Please refer to the T&Cs for additional details
Each category will be judged by the best in the business, from content creators, to marketers, to brand managers, to creative directors. Some of the judges or MCs might have entered categories themselves, but they will not be able to vote for work submitted in that particular category.Please refer to the list of judges here.
- All nominees will be selected by a panel of judges.
- The judges will score the entries and the top entries will become the nominees in that category (maximum 5 nominees per category).
- Once the nominees in each category have been announced, ten of those categories will open to the public for voting, which will garner huge reach.
- The public will be directed to the Content Creator Awards website where the nominees in each of the public voting categories will be listed, with a link to their
entry housed on their own social media platforms.
- You will be allowed to vote once per category.
- The 8 categories that go out for public voting are:
1. Sol Best Content Creator Award
2. Thumb-stopping Award.
3. Content of the Year award, Presented by DStv
4. Netwerk24 Smaakmaker
5. Cause Award
6. Kasi Content Creator Award
7. Comedy award
8. Alter Ego Award
The remaining awards are not for public voting.