JUDGES ANNOUNCED FOR THE FIRST-EVER DStv CONTENT CREATOR AWARDS
In proud partnership with DStv, TikTok and One-eyed Jack
14 JULY 2022
The DStv Content Creator Awards is South Africa’s first-ever platform created to shine a light on the people, influencers, brands and agencies that make us feel good.
In just a few crazy and content-filled weeks, entries from creators across the country have been flooding in. Entries closed on Sunday 10 July 2022, so now the time has come to take the next big step in the awards’ journey: judging the entries to announce the nominees in each category.
The DStv Content Creator Awards are proud and excited to announce their first-ever panel of judges. They are (in alphabetical order):
- Agisanang Masekela: Senior Manager Content Discovery, DStv
- Amber Cupido: Activation Executive, British American Tobacco
- Carla Harris: Media Partnerships Lead for Sub-Saharan Africa at TikTok
- Catherine Grenfell: Executive Producer, Audio Militia
- Colleen Duvenage: Brand Director, AB-Inbev
- Craig Wells: Design Lead, INJOZI
- Gillian Attwood: Director at Gillstrawberry (Pty) Ltd & iAB SA Digital Influencer Marketing Committee Member
- Hayden Manuel: Marketing at Puma
- Jack Parow: Musician, performer and content creator
- Jason Stewart: Co-founder, HaveYouHeard
- Jonathan Moldan: Managing Director, Source Food
- Kayla Hendricks: Brand Manager, Savanna Premium Cider
- Khaya Dlanga: Chief Marketing Officer, rain
- Khutso Theldi: Radio Broadcaster & Personality
- Kirsty Niehaus: Marketing Manager, Nando’s Creativity Portfolio
- Laura Cooke: Head of PR, Social Media and Content Marketing, Showmax
- Lindi Hilliar: Brand Experience Manager, Marketing Communications, Volkswagen
- Madelein Venter: National Marketing Manager for Afrikaans and English News at Media24
- Mike Sharman: Founder of Retroviral
- Mphile Shabalala: Multichoice CSI Manager: Content Programmes
- Mpumelelo Macu: Commercial Photographer
- Nene Mahlangu: Visual Artist
- Nic Burger: Director Digital Sub Saharan Africa, Universal Music
- Ntsika Msuthu: PR and Social Media Lead, DStv
- Philippa McCann: CEO & Founder, People Have Influence
- Pierre Cassatu: Global Chief Marketing Officer, Humanz
- Sabelo Mnukwa: Senior Manager Campaigns, Digital Platforms and Social Media, Multichoice
- Sarina Mpharalala: Growth Executive Africa, Meltwater
- Seth Pimentel (African Ginger): Visual Artist
- Shannon Valstar: General Manager, Steyn Entertainment/Rocking the Daisies
- Smash Afrika: Radio & TV Broadcaster
- Takunda Bimha: Founder & Chief Content Officer, Podium
- Warrick Wyngaard: Brand Manager for Sol & Fox
- Zanele Hlatshwayo: YouTube Lead: Africa
- Zesipho Mncwango: Brand Manager: Alcohol, FMCG, Youth Brands & Luxury Brands, Distell
This prestigious panel has the important job of adjudicating entries from all the brilliant creators who have submitted the thumb-stopping, double-tapping, stitch-worthy, meme-making, share-crazy, keeps-us-coming-back-for-more content.
“Our diverse panel of judges has been selected for their experience, insight and industry knowledge, and each one will add a fresh perspective and incredible value to the judging process,” says DStv Content Creator Awards CEO, Manuela Dias de Deus.
Judging is currently underway, and the nominees will be announced on 21 July 2022. Stay close to the awards on social media and follow #DStvCCA and #ContentCreatorAwards to be the first to get the news.
We love a chat, so drop us a line any time at email@example.com or visit us where all content goes to thrive:
The DStv Content Creator Awards is the brainchild of award-winning marketing and events agency One-eyed Jack, in grateful collaboration with partners DStv, TikTok, INJOZI, Mushroom Productions, Hallmark House, Entrepreneurs Organization and Silulo Technologies.
The awards are impartial and reputable.